Privacy and Cookie Statement
This statement pertains to the processing of personal information held by GBA Ships e.V. (hereafter called GBA Ships), legally registered as GBA Ships e.V., Alte Neckarelzer Str. 2 74821 Mosbach, Germany. Processing means the collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction; of personal data. It pertains to all personal and financial information and any associated information held by GBA Ships in our information technology systems.
The processing of your personal data is in accordance with the requirements as outlined under the Data Protection Act, in addition to the enhanced rights that you will be entitled to post 25th May 2018, following the coming into force of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In all our processing GBA Ships is committed to handle personal data with care, in line with the principles as outlined by the GDPR.
This means that GBA Ships
- will inform you in an understandable and transparent way about the purpose for which personal data is processed;
- inform you of your rights in relation to the personal data processed by GBA Ships;
- will only process personal data for specified legitimate purposes;
- will only collect personal information pertinent to the work of GBA Ships;
- has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used;
- will only store this personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement or for as long as we reasonably consider necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- has taken appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect the processing of personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
GBA Ships collects personal data from employees, partners and visitors of our websites in different ways. Following are the
definitions and ways on how GBA Ships collects information.
Any current GBA Ships worker
All other individuals or groups about whom GBA Ships stores information (this includes donors, suppliers, clients, customers etc).
Any person using our websites.
Types of information that may be collected
This may include the following: Name, address, telephone number, credit card number or bank account details and donation record, (any personal information which is collected and stored by GBA Ships as part of our normal operating procedures).
In some cases we also remove personal identifiers from data you provide to us and maintain it in aggregate form. We may combine this data with other information to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information (e.g. number of visitors, originating domain name of the Internet Service Provider), which helps us in improving our products and services.
“Automatically collected information“
We automatically receive certain types of information whenever you interact with us on our web sites and in some e-mails we may send each other. Automatic technologies we use may include, for example, Web server logs/IP addresses, cookies and Web beacons.
- Web Server Logs/IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. All computer identification on the Internet is conducted with IP addresses, which allow computers and servers to recognise and communicate with each other. GBA Ships collects IP addresses via Google Analytics in order to conduct site analysis and web site performance review.
- Web Beacons. On certain web pages or e-mails, GBA Ships may utilize a common Internet technology called a ” web beacon” (also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology.”) Web beacons help analyse the effectiveness of web sites by measuring, for example, the number of visitors to a site or how many visitors clicked on key elements of a site.
Web beacons, cookies and other tracking technologies do not automatically obtain personally identifiable information about you. Only if you voluntarily submit personally identifiable information, such as by registering or sending e-mails, can these automatic tracking technologies be used to provide further information about your use of the web sites and/or interactive e-mails to improve their usefulness to you.
Your personal data – purpose, legitimate ground and use of
1. Processing for purpose of contractual intent
While using our web sites, you may be asked
to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and e-mail address) in order to receive or use services offered. Such services may include newsletters and competitions, live chats and message boards, and personalised services such as funding updates or more information about GBA Ships or visiting Logos Hope. By entering your details as requested, GBA Ships will be able to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will store that data in our information technology systems. Our services are designed to give you the information that you want to receive. GBA Ships will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current internet best practice.
2. Processing of data for legal reasons
GBA Ships, also being a shipping company, is by law required to collect certain types of data, mainly for employment purposes. This may include medical data, certificates, data for port, customs and immigration authorities in the countries visited or for tax purposes, among others. GBA Ships uses that data to ensure legal compliance in the countries visited and where we are based.
3. Processing of data for legitimate interest
GBA Ships will use personal data, beside processing for legal or contractual grounds, to provide you with necessary services and normal processes and procedures in the course of employment.
4. Sensitive Information
GBA Ships does not collect sensitive information such as race or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record or health information, with the exception of applicants, during the normal course of application to become an employee, as well as during employment for reasons of employment, required legislation and the legitimate activities of GBA Ships during its normal operation, having appropriate safeguards in place.
Other recipients of the personal data and cross-border data flow
GBA Ships takes your privacy very seriously. Be assured that GBA Ships does not sell or rent your contact information to other third parties. To help us provide superior service, your personal information may be shared within the organisation globally both for partner or employment reasons. GBA Ships also uses the personal data internally in the course of normal operations and within the legitimate grounds specified, which may lead to cross-border data flow.
GBA Ships also transfers personal data cross-border for the duration of employment, and when required beyond, to maritime and her legal authorities, our medical advisor or other third parties for employment or legal compliance purposes in the normal course of continued operations of GBA Ships and those involved in that operation or providing services related to that operation. GBA Ships is committed to ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to facilitate and protect cross-border personal data transfers.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
Credit card details accepted on our secure web site are transferred to the bank on industry-standard secure connections. History of transactions, without complete credit card details, are securely stored for both reference and to trigger periodic donations where requested.
GBA Ships does not use government identifiers, such as tax file numbers, as its identifiers for individuals. We use our own coding system to identify employees and partners.
Rights and Correction
If you would like to exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact us by:
Post: GBA Ships e.V., Alte Neckarelzer Str. 2, 74821 Mosbach, Germany
You have the following rights and choices in relation to your personal data:
You have the right to request access to a copy of your personal data. Should you wish to exercise this right, please contact us with a description of the information you would like to see. We will provide our response to you without undue delay and within one month of receipt of your request. Please note, however, that in certain circumstances we are not required to provide the information requested. Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or refuse to provide the information. Where we refuse a request, we will explain our reasons for the refusal, and remind you of your right to complain.
You have the right to ensure that any information we hold about you is accurate and kept up to date. Please let us know if you would like to update any inaccurate or incomplete records.
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data on the following grounds:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or processed
- If the processing is based on consent, you choose to withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for processing
- You object to processing, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds to continue the processing
- Your personal data has been processed unlawfully
- Your personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation
4. Data Portability
You have the right to request a copy of personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, so that you can transmit this to another organisation. Where technically feasible you can also request that we transmit this data to another organisation.
You have the right to object to processing which is based on:
- Public interest
- Legitimate interests
- Research or statistical purposes
- Direct marketing
6. Restriction of processing
You have the right to restrict processing of data with the aim to limit its processing in the future. If you make use of this right GBA Ships will mark your data till such restrictions are lifted.
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
Post: GBA Ships e.V., Alte Neckarelzer Str. 2, 74821 Mosbach, Germany
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.